Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Remembering Aunt Norma

".. for she loved much.."  Luke 7:47

It was one of those mornings when the word "bittersweet" took on an even deeper meaning for me.  And I was thankful all over again that I was blessed with the opportunity to know her.. love her.. and yes, even work alongside her at the nursing home for a time.  And as my mind drifted back to those night shifts we spent together.. I realized how they impacted me.  Those all-important life lessons.. a love for coffee..a love and zest for life.. a love for people from all walks of life..love and service to one's family.. and most importantly.. a love and devotion for the Lord.
I was young.. probably thought I had all of life's answers.. and I'm sure I've forgotten much of what I learned.  But the important things remain.  And I am so thankful.  I'm rather certain that in heaven, there won't be any "Big Wiegand Family Nites".  But it's so comforting to know that Grandpa Wiegand.. Aunt Norma.. and all the rest are there waiting for us all to join them someday.. for that forever "family reunion".

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful morning for a wonderful lady! And you said it perfectly...bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete