It's April. It's spring. And I'm LOVING it! Every minute. It's been a month of milestones. Well, only two.. but they are thought-provoking ones.
One year ago..April 2, 2010.. our beloved Grandpa Wiegand was suddenly taken from us all. And while it hurt very much to "let go".. there is still such a rejoicing that he is at Home with Jesus. I think of him so often.. the big smile.. the big hugs.. his love of gardening.. and I miss him. He definitely left a lasting impression on my life.. and I am so very thankful for that.
Thirty years ago.. April 7, 1981... I was born. Yes, it's my THIRTIETH this year! Can hardly believe it. It was a wonderful week.. complete with a surprise party.. and a surprise trip to Chicago.. just to name a few. It was definitely a week of wonderful memories that I will treasure for a long time to come.
As I did my devotions this morning.. I was reminded all over again at how blessed I've been in my life. Salvation in Jesus Christ. Family. Friends. Good heath. A job I love (usually!) Three precious nephews. I won't bore you.. but I was just kinda overwhelmed. And I opened to this passage in Psalms that just really put into words that love and thanksgiving that I felt.
"I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord..Bless thou the Lord O my soul. Praise ye the Lord". (Psalm 104:33-35)
Some random images from my birthday..
| My bedroom..re-decorated. (Thanks Marla & Logan!!!) |
| The masterminds behind the Chicago surprise.. enjoying lunch at the Grand Lux! |
| Yolk. It was oh. so. worth. the 45 minute wait for a late breakfast on Saturday. Cinnamon roll french toast is OUTSTANDING!! And the crepes and regular french toast were terrific too! |
| The "Bean". We are kinda off center.. but if you look close.. we're there!! The Windy City lived up to its name. It was very chilly and windy.. but we had a great time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment